What is Sports Medicine?
Sports medicine is a specialty focused on the treatment and prevention of injuries and illness related to exercise, fitness and sports. Sports medicine physicians have specialized training and experience in dealing with sports or exercise-related injuries.
Why should I choose to be treated here?
The Queen’s Center for Sports Medicine offers board-certified physicians and physical therapists who are specialty-trained and qualified to care for all active people, whether recreational or competitive, young or mature. We offer:
- Same day or next day appointments
- Board-certified sports medicine experts
- Quick access to advanced imaging techniques (CT, MRI) read by board-certified musculoskeletal radiologists
- Age-appropriate treatment of acute and chronic injuries
- Advanced surgical techniques designed for active individuals
- Sports medicine physical therapy services catered to the needs of injured active individuals
- Community education and service programs
- Direct communication with primary care physicians
How do I become a patient at The Queen's Center for Sports Medicine?
Please call 808-691-4449 to learn more about becoming a patient at The Queen's Center for Sports Medicine.
Do I need a referral to become a patient?
Depending on your insurance, you may require a referral from your primary care physician. Please check with your insurance provider for details.
I was told to get an X-ray before my appointment. Where do I go?
You may have been asked to have an X-ray taken prior to your appointment with Sports Medicine. Queen's Imaging Services is conveniently located in the same buildings as our offices, in Physicians Office Building III in Honolulu and Physicians Office Building West Oahu in Ewa Beach.
It is recommended you arrive at Queen's Imaging Services at least one hour prior to your appointment with Sports Medicine. No appointment is necessary for the X-ray and you do not have to check in with our offices prior to receiving your X-ray. Maps to Queen's Imaging Services can be found below.
If you are unable to get your X-ray prior to your appointment with Sports Medicine, please know that we will have you go to Imaging Services to have this process done before we can move forward with the rest of the appointment.
If you have any questions, please call 808-691-4449.