Volunteers have been an integral part of the Queen's Medical Center for over 150 years. They provide invaluable services - never asking or expecting compensation. During an average month, over 300 volunteers give from their hearts to Queen's patients in 70 nursing units and departments.
Queen's Volunteers assist with:
- Pet Visitation
- Mobile Library
- Barber service
- Wheelchair assistance
- Gift Shop Assistance
- Healing Touch and Reiki
- Musical Healing
- Patient information via Information Desk
- Delivery of floral and gift baskets to patients
- ER and Surgery Waiting Room liaison
- Escorting and discharging of patients
Minimum Volunteer Requirements Include:
- A commitment of at least 64 hours
- A two step TB (tuberculosis) clearance
- Attendance at an orientation session
- Parental permission (if 15-18 years old)
- An agreement to serve with C.A.R.E. (Compassion, Aloha, Respect, and Excellence)
If you're interested in becoming a volunteer, you can download the Volunteer Application form below, or call Queen's Volunteer Services during normal business hours.
Information regarding the 2014 Queen's Medical Center Summer Student Volunteer Program will be available at the end of March 2014.
Queen's Volunteer Services
Monday thru Friday - 8:00am to 4:30pm
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays - 8:00am to 12:00noon
Download the Adult Volunteer Application
Download the Teen Volunteer Application
Download a Map to this Department
Some of the information on this website is available for download as PDF files.
To view these files you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
If you don't already have a copy, you can download it for free by CLICKING HERE.